Pages

Friday 2 November 2012

Halloweeeeen 2012!




The making of the Viking Hat


I used these patterns: (with a little artistic license)

Hat (with a few alterations)

Horns (made twice as big)

For the beard:




Crocheting the hat took about a day- including some hiccups with the pattern (start with 12 sts in magic ring)



Don't the horns look fab! One of my favourite forms, aesthecially. Plus, loving the colour gradient I totally planned and didn't just happen to have in my stash... They were a real joy to make, the pattern turned into a rhythm that was easy to memorise 



Horns rolled at bottom 2 or 3 rows, and stuffed.



Bloke wearing his Halloween costume for 2012. We visited the Hob Goblin Pub. And he drank Hob Goblin. I should have made him a Hob Goblin costume... Next year.


In total the Viking hat took me about 3 days... Which isn't bad! I could wriggle that down to 2 days, maybe even a day and a half if I stapled the crochet hook to my hand permanently. 




My Costume


 I made a witches hat but I never wore it as part of my costume.



This was my costume. Spider. Web. Hat.



I sort of winged the spider pattern. (If spiders had wings I think arachnophobes would crumble into a corner and whimper for the remainder of the Winged Spider World Domination) 


Tadaaa!





Unfortunately I do not have a good enough picture of my costume on.
This little spider will now by my practical joke for the year. Or however long it lasts. I think it could last a while... 


All for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment